Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So when do you not comment..??

...
I am curious about what others might think about leaving a comment at any given blog post.

Is there a point when you just do not bother..?? 5 comments..?? 10..?? ...a hundred comments..??

Do you ever read through them, two or a hundred, to see if anyone has made your point already..?? Or do you even bother to read past the first few comments..??

If someone has made your point already . . do you add your thought anyway..?? Do you reference that 'similar' comment you already found in your comment..??

Too many questions, I know. Perhaps too much thinking about it.


Me..??

I will often read the first screen or two of comments, particularly at a post about a topic that really interests me. Or a comment thread that has value in and of itself. I find that I really enjoy the threads where readers play off each other, amplifying this thought or that thought.

But too often they just seem to be a bunch of disconnected thoughts, some over and over again. Others totally off-topic and often moronic.


But not that I will ever have to worry about such problems. I am perfectly content for my rare comment and the smile it brings to my face.


Anyway, just some random questions and thoughts about comments.


...tom...
.

2 comments:

Mark Baker said...

For me, it depends most of how moved I am to comment and how big my ego is that particular day. :)

Michelle said...

Sometimes I just crash random blogs and comment on them. Like your blog. Very interesting. I am fascinated with your blog.